1. Contest open to bands of not more than 25 performers (35 for Youth Bands)
2. Youth bands may play up to 4 senior players (over 19 years)
3. Conductors may play but must count as one of the 25 performers
4. Conductors may conduct as many bands as they wish
5. All bands must report to the book-in desk adjacent to the Oddfellows Club
6. All members of the band must be present before booking-in takes place
7. The final booking-in time is 10.30 p.m.
8. The Committee reserves the right to regulate the number of bands entering after 10.00 p.m.
9. Bands must be ready to play when asked
10. All bands must play a march from the starting point
11. The contest march is to be played once through with a DC to the Fine or Pause
12. Bands may play any published march they wish
13. Prizes will be awarded according to the decision of the adjudicator
14. Objections to be made in the ring to the ringmaster
15. Objections to be made by competing bands only
16. No band may win more than one prize (excluding soprano cornet, best bass section and conductor of winning band prize)
17. Prize money will be paid out by cheque within seven days of the contest and forwarded to the address given when signing in. Trophies are awarded at the Presentation Evening.